Checkout with PayPal - PayPal Checkout helps you convert shoppers earlier in their shopping journey by letting them check out directly from the product page or shopping bag. This reduces cart abandonment and increases conversion opportunities. Upon clicking the checkout button on the shopping cart page, it will direct shoppers to PayPal's checkout page in the same checkout window. After a successful payment, your customer is taken to a post-upsell funnel of your choosing. They can add additional products to their original order with just one click.
Checkout with PayPal flows:
1. Customer Checkout
- The customer will click on "Checkout" button on cart page.
2. PayPal Checkout Form
- Customers are redirected to "PayPal Guest Checkout" page
- Customers click on "Continue" button to proceed purchase
-Customers can click "Log in" to pay with an existing PayPal account
3. Shipping Confirmation Page
- Customers click on "Complete Purchase" button to proceed.
4. Post-upsell Page(s)
- After customers hit on "Complete Purchase", customers are redirected to post-upsell pages. In post-upsell page, there are 3 options on it:
- ADD TO MY ORDER NOW: accept the current offer
- Continue without this: reject the current offer
- View My Order: skip all offers and view order status
- If there's no more offers, customers are redirected to Thank you page
- If customers drop off & close the browser, the original purchase will be completed in 15-minutes
5. Thank You Page
- Finally, customers will be redirected to Thank You page showing the order status, like product name, quantity, total prices, etc.
You may also check the flow chart below for a detailed list of steps: