PayPal Cart Checkout - Adding a PayPal express checkout button on the shopping cart page will help boost your sales conversion and reduce shopping cart abandonment. After a successful payment, your customer is taken to an upsell funnel of your choosing. They can add additional products to their original order with just one click.
PayPal Cart Checkout Flows:
1. Customer Checkout
- Customers click on "Checkout" button on cart page
2. PayPal Login page (Popup)
1. PayPal Login page
-Login with PayPal and pay with PayPal balance/Credit Card to purchase.
2. Option: Pay with Debit or Credit Card
-When customers click "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", customers are redirected to PayPal Guest Checkout and pay without a PayPal account.
3. Shipping Confirmation Page
- Customers can verify their shipping details from this page and click the "Complete Purchase" button to proceed.
3. Post-upsell Page
- After customers click "Complete Purchase", customers are redirected to post-upsell pages. In a post-upsell page, there are 3 options in it:
- ADD TO MY ORDER NOW: accept the current offer
- Continue without this: reject the current offer
- View My Order: skip all offers and view order status
- If there are no more offers, customers are redirected to Thank you page
- If customers drop off & close the browser, the original purchase will be completed in 15 minutes
4. Thank You Page
- Finally, customers are redirected to the Thank You page showing the order status, product name, quantity, total prices, etc.
You may also check the flow chart below for a detailed list of steps: